Friday, July 31, 2009

Got Milk?

Here's something I wrote a few weeks ago...

I don’t get God. I’m about to dedicate a week to spending time with him and reading Christian books and he gives me the crappiest night ever. During the already horrid night my crucifix that I always have around my neck broke today and since I'm going on vacation I won’t have it the next full week.

I had a terrible night and I told myself well, I’ve got my nightly milk to cheer me up. That’s when I poured the milk and I didn’t get half a glass, and I usually drink 4. Not a big deal, I just walked to the fridge outside to grab another gallon. That’s when I remembered I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, that was all the milk we had.

All my fall backs, pick ups, or “safety nets,” whatever you want to call them, were gone. And it wasn’t until I wrote this that I realized this.

God always has a reason for everything. God takes away our earthly “safety nets” on purpose. Not to watch us mope, but to realize we shouldn’t need earthly safety nets.

We’ve got God.

No comments:

Post a Comment