Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mickey D's Monopoly

On our road trip the other day as we started to get hungry we entered Connecticut. We quickly found out how unforunate that was. Food off the highway was very few and far between, and all the food available was McDonald's.

Now I know I tend to stir up a lot of controversy with this, but I can't stand McDonald's. I refuse to eat there, unless it's a milkshake late at night with my friends or pancakes early in the morning. So we suffered through all of Connecticut without a bite to eat. Sure enough, as soon as we crossed the border into Rhode Island I think it was, there was decent food to eat.

Imagine a world like Connecticut. Everyone in the world was the same type of person. The world would truly get nowhere.

Paul says in Romans 12:6-8, "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully."

God gives us all a purpose. What we have to realize is that the challenge in this life on earth is not living out our purpose, because God gives us all we need to do that. The challenge of this life is figuring out our individual purposes.

Once we realize our purpose, we have to remember to dedicate it to the One who gave us our purpose, the One that made each and every one of us. We have to collectively use our purposes to one common goal.

I read Life of Amos Wilson, I'm sure I'll be mentioning his writing's in a lot of my posts to come, but he said, "and although we pursure different plans, we aim at the same point."

We may all pursue it in different ways, but it is all for nothing if it isn't for the same point. Let's make that point God's greatest commandment, love.

I believe my purpose is to bring out the best in others, what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment