It was another long day riding in the car and I'm one of the least flexible people you will ever see in your life. I'm always so sore after my soccer games, people tell me it's because I played so well and I hustled so much. Hey, I'll take a compliment when I get it, you would too. But in my head I know it's because I'm so terrible when it comes to flexibility.
Anyway, we pull up the Pennsylvania and into the visitor center to look at the mountain of brochures to see if it's worth spending an extra night here. I was so tight it took me so long to get out of the car, by the time my foot hit the ground my parents were half way into the center walking along the sidewalk. I shut the door and limped ahead.
Here's the thing, the sidewalks to the entrance literally made a complete loop going unnecessarily out of the way. I figured since I was basically handicapped I had an excuse to cut straight through the grass to the front entrance. As I was waddling to the door, I got these weird looks from my parents and the other visitors walking obediently along the sidewalk. It was obvious they genuinely thought I was breaking some sort of unwritten rule, never cut through the grass. I don't know about you, but I though that was sort of ridiculous.
Have you ever done something without thinking twice and got an unfavorable reaction from others? I bet you can think of an unwritten rule or two that you consider just outrageous.
In reality, our world today has so many ridiculous man made rules. If we wanted to make a list, the list would be endless. That gives us a problem. As Christians today we often struggle with distinguishing the man made rules and the God made rules.
I figured I would just make it easy for you.
When Jesus was asked what is the greatest commandment of all, he replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it; Love your neighbor as yourself."(Matthew 37-39)
There you go plain and simple, do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment