Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You should have seen that Sunrise

I was just listening to one of my favorite singers, and I'm betting he's one of yours too, John Mayer. His music just has a power to relax you. I know you feel it too, don't lie.

In the song 3x5 it says "You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes." That's what reminded me of something I was thinking about at the beach two weeks ago.

Have you ever watched a beautiful sunrise or looked out at the moonlight when you were on the coast? If not, you're missing out. I always feel closest to God when I'm out on the porch on the shore late at night. That's where I first truly dove into the bible and found some of my favorite Proverbs that I still shape my life by today.

My dad came out and joined me one night and it happened to be a night when I was just completely in awe of the moon's reflection on the water. It was pointing right at me, and it did so quite often. So I asked him if the light's reflection always pointed at whoever was looking. He laughed and then told me it does.

Doesn't the idea of that fascinate you? No matter where I am in the world, no matter how insignificant I am, the light will point to me. The moonlight's reflection amazes me for three reasons.

1. It beautiful
2. It's the same moon for the whole world.
3. Although it's the same one for the whole world, no matter where I am, it still points right at me.

God is the moonlight’s reflection on the water. He’s beautiful. He’s the same God for the whole world and all of it's existence. He still makes time to listen to me, no matter where I am, or how insignificant I am, He listens. Not only does He listen, God genuinely cares for each and every one of us. Wow.

I think God gives us the beautiful light's reflection as a reminder. A reminder of His greatness and a reminder that despite His greatness, He cares. Can you think of any reminders God gives you?

No comments:

Post a Comment