Too make a long story short, I've had a rough past couple days. Literally, rough. I don't have two toe nails and a lot of the ones left are broken in half. I've got a headache, whiplash, a black eye, a cramping calf and a swollen knee that won't straighten. I got all that from four soccer games that have become the center of all my attention and energy the past couple days.
Because of soccer in these past three days, I haven't read my nightly readings of the bible, read any of Crazy Love, or wrote at all. If you told me a year ago reading and writing would be such a huge part of my life, I would have laughed at you. But now, through God, it's become a massive part. I try to write nightly to keep record of my ideas of God and things dealing with God or at least dive into his word or a Christian book.
I kept putting off, making excuses to deal with God tomorrow. I figured if I put my relationship with God on hold I could come back to just where it was. I realized the hard way that that is the farthest thing from the truth.
It reminded me of something Francis Chan wrote in the book Crazy Love I'm in the middle of, that ironically enough, I haven't picked up in the past couple days. He made an awesome point when he compared our relationship with God to swimming upstream. If you're not actively swimming or focusing on your relationship with Christ, you're gonna float right back to where you started.
After I was blessed with this epiphany, I told myself I'd dedicate tomorrow to God. I took that as a stinging slap across the face. I just made the choice to dedicate tomorrow to God? Why not today? Why not the past 17 years of my life?
God is the reason why we are here. God is the reason why I am where I am today. Yet, I don't live my life solely for Him and His purposes? Wow, that sounds pretty ungrateful to me.
What are you doing to make sure your constantly swimming?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment