Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wipe off the Glass

To make a long story short, I had a miserable freshman year of high school. To this day, about to be a senior in high school, I still haven't been able to look at it with a clear mind. It's always really biased to the depressing side.

I was at church this morning singing worship when something just clicked in me. There were truly only two things that changed from freshman year to the awesome life I'm living now.

First, perception. I have the same exact friends as I did freshman year, yet I'm so much happier now. I was really inflicting all the depression on myself. I didn't have a reason to be depressed, except for things out of my control.

I read something by this guy named Amos Lee, "Pleasure is the view of our actions." To me, that is so relieving. To me, it says we control our own happiness. We should look for pleasure only from what we control, anything out of our control that goes wrong shouldn't bother us. It's out of our control, there's nothing we can do about it.

The second thing that changed, God wasn't in my life freshman year. Scratch that, He was obviously in my life because my depression is what showed me God. He was just with me through what I thought was a one way glass wall, he could see me but I couldn't see him.

So I want you to take two things from this.

1. Never be upset over things you can't control.
2. True happiness comes through God.

Today, take the time to wipe off the glass and realize, God's been right there the whole time, you've just been ignoring him.

No comments:

Post a Comment