Saturday, August 8, 2009

Can't Escape It

When I ride in the car I always have to listen to music. Doesn't matter how long or how short the ride is, I'm all about music in the car. Usually I'll hook up my iTouch into the auxiliary jack and listen to whatever I'm feeling at the time, which lately has only been Christian music.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm really struggling with God lately. Ironically enough, my friend just texted me with a cool bible verse. I went to pick up my bible and check it out, I can't find my bible. Wow. I think the only thing keeping me close to Him at all is listening to my Christian music.

I hopped in the car for about a three minute ride to my friend's house. I wasn't feeling the iTouch, so I went to first mode FM. I went through every single preset, all commercials. No problem, those were just some of my favorite channels to listen to when I don't have someone controlling my music, like classic rock and some country.

I turn to second mode FM, the one with all rap for my friends when they hop into my car. First preset, commercial. Second preset, commercial. Third and fourth, both commercials.

I press the fifth preset, it's music. Christian music.

Remember, God's always right next to you, even when you think you're at your farthest.

No comments:

Post a Comment