Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Re-volution

I want you to think back. Think back to the beginning. Think back to Adam and Eve. Think back to the Garden. I want you to re-member our original purpose.

Humans were made like God. God is love. Love is our purpose.

Adam already broke that with the apple though, we weren't off to a good start. Since then, it's only gone down hill. Now its unnatural to find love. Now its rare to find someone who truly puts others first.

I was visiting my grandparents today, we walked over to their neighbor's to talk. That's when I saw a grave-looking cement sign. It read: Our heart is closest to God in a garden.

That's when I re-membered what my Pastor Steve told me in a conversation I had with him. He brought to mind all the re-words in the bible. Re-deem, re-concile, etc. Then he pointed out when Mary found Jesus she confused him with a gardener. He's tomb was in a garden. In Revelations, I still need to look into it, but he said it spoke of the new earth or heaven as a garden. God's clueing us in, he's giving us hints with the garden. He wants us to re-member something.

So what's re- mean? It means back. Everything God is doing, or trying to do through us, is bringing us back. To re-turn to our original purpose, love.

"Our heart is closest to God in a garden." To God, gardens symbolize our original purpose, love. Which through Jesus, and in the future of Revelations, he's attempting to bring us back to. Garden=love

Plug it in. "Our heart is closest to God in love."

God wants us to love, He made us solely for that purpose, and since He truly loves us He gives us free will. Let's not take advantage of that.

Let us re-member our original purpose, let us start a re-volution. Let us love.

No comments:

Post a Comment