Thursday, August 6, 2009

Taking the Credit

Today is was my first official high school soccer practice of the season. Coach gave us a drill, he hid five dollars somewhere and he gave us hints to where the money was hidden.

I was just walking around with my teammate Michael when he picked up a sandbag and looked under. Only, he didn't look far enough under. I was a little behind him so I had a better view of under the bag to see the five dollar bill folded up right there. I picked it up, laughed at him, thanked him, then went over to coach and took all the credit.

We do that to God all the time. God moves mountains for us so we can find the pot of gold at the end. Yet, when we find that pot of gold, we take all the credit for it. When in reality, God gave us that gold.

Tonight, I challenge you to think about everything you have in your life, every single thing, it was all because God gave it to you. Give the credit to who deserves it.

I read somewhere God gives us all our unique gifts, but our gift to God is what we do with them.

1 comment:

  1. "God moves mountains for us so we can find the pot of gold at the end."

    -Fantastic. Awesome job dude. Keep it up =)

    Daniel
    (Why do i have to use my AIM from middle school to say this? lol, np =D)

    ReplyDelete