Monday, August 3, 2009

Procrastination

I am a terrible procrastinator. In fact, the reason why I don't have time to tell you my procrastination story of the day is because I put off so much until tonight, the last night before freshmen orientation.

Procrastination is always a bad things, but when it affects our relationship with God, it must be stopped.

In my Latin class everyone put Latin homework last on the priority list, so many times they would come in and tell Mr.M, sorry I was up til 2 o'clock last night doing my other homework so I didn't have time. He'd reply, "Well if you were up til 2 o'clock last night doing your homework, why couldn't you stay up just another five minutes to do your latin?"

It's the same way with God.

"Sorry God, creator of the universe, it's 3 o'clock in the morning and I've had so much homework tonight, so I will just wait and talk to you tomorrow."

If you were up til 3 o'clock anyway, why not stay up another five minutes to spend time with God. Would another five minutes be the reason why you have huge bags under your eyes tomorrow or are you gonna have them anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment